Company Name: Vodafone Ghana
Job Type: Full Time
Valid Until: 23rd January 2021
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?Role Purpose
Brand Manager provides expert knowledge, to deliver against the strategy and vision of the Vodafone Brand. They execute on the Brand positioning across products, services and innovations that are launching, ensuring consistent delivery and execution of the Brand strategy which is brought to life through ‘on Brand’ positioning, messaging and creative execution.
The Brand Manager focusses upon the supervision of the creative agency(s) , who develop and deliver effective Vodafone communications in line with the Brand strategy, promote and maintain the Brand image, manage the media plans in order to support brand and commercial priorities to include driving target achievement and increasing Brand value.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists, advises on and executes brand positioning, identity development and campaign approval processes and activities;
- Has full people supervisory responsibility for a team of Marketing Communications and Brand professionals i.e. the creative agency, events and activations agencies, etc. and contributes towards delivering a range of strategic brand, communication and identity programmes across all channels, audiences and segments, which may be in conjunction with other Brand teams;
- Maintains strong relations and works closely with relevant departments (e.g. Consumer Business Units (CBU), Vodafone Business Units (VB), Vodafone Foundation, Technology, Digital Marketing and CVM, etc.) on propositions;
- Works effectively with internal audiences and external agencies/vendors to ensure understanding of the Brand identity, interpretation and creative expression – challenging interpretation where required;
- Uses best practice knowledge to ensure Brand best practice is utilised within the team, beyond the team and educates stakeholders on best approach;
- May support with defining the annual Brand plan, translating it into operational plans and campaigns;
- Supports collaboration with creative and Brand Communications vendors to develop ongoing briefs and manages the agency delivery process
- May support with sponsorship deals, (e.g. managing ongoing rights, contractual and activation elements);
- Delivers ad-hoc campaigns (e.g. across consumer segments) and work with campaign teams to ensure consistency between all Brand / tactical advertising campaigns in terms of message and delivery
- Take initiatives and make strategic recommendations that impact directly or indirectly on the brand, and the home function at large
- Own and manage agency(s) delivery process, with continuous assessments and institute optimised delivery process to ensure OTIF delivery on projects. Must own agency performance KPIs and ensure agency performance must be above average all year through
- Develop people – co-drive agency development agenda. Also own and drive knowledge and skill development for assistant brand managers, Management Trainees, National Service Personnel and interns assigned to the home Unit
- Develops and submits reports on all projects worked on with clear learnings and recommendations implementable on future projects
Experience and Qualification
- A degree in Business Administration (Marketing Option) of related field
- Minimum of Four (4) years brand management experience in a highly paced environment or marketing role.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for number
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.