At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a Cloud Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will fix and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.Advertisement
The Support Specialist typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers, and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are encouraged to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid, and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a Support Specialist will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software, and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and work independently.
You will do:
- Customer Service Request handling
- Provide a preemptive solution to stabilize and optimize customer network
- Perform remote and on-site troubleshooting in the customer network
- Handling of dedicated support
- Provide regular progress updates in the support system for each assigned support issue.
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
To be successful in the role you are:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or above in Telecommunication, Computer Science, Computer Networking, etc.
- Min 3-4 years’ experience on telecom or IT company
- Domain experience on some or all: Virtualization, Cloud technologies (e.g., OpenStack), Linux OS knowledge, DB knowledge, TCP/IP networking concepts and packet analysis, HDS/infrastructure competence.
- Red Hat OpenStack Knowledge is a plus
- Deep Knowledge of Linux including extensive Hands-on and Administration to ensure customer satisfaction with the performance of installed systems by successful handling and reporting of all technical problems.
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) is a plus
- Experience in Cloud Operation based on Openstack and SDN is a plus