Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Experienced Professional
Valid Until: 3rd December 2021
Required Experience: Experienced Professional
We are looking for an experienced electrical technician to evaluate, assemble, and maintain electrical systems in equipment which are predominantly portable. The electrical technician does not design electrical systems but will identify potential problems in design. Electrical technicians work in offices or factories, either supervising electricians or as part of a production team. Electrical technicians follow a device’s design plan, inspect, construct, and repair electrical systems. Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Reporting to the Area Engineer you will be responsible for maintenance and repair of all factory equipment and provide support to production lines.
To be successful as an electrical technician, you should be able to read electrical system design plans and recommend improvements, as well as calibrate instruments, and diagnose faulty equipment
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- You will maintain and support electrical installations, machine control , electric circuit and wiring and automation in the factory.
- You will assist in plans to reduce/minimize power outages for plant equipment
- You are to practice good housekeeping and engineering in carrying out tasks
- You will carry out preventive maintenance work and repair of factory equipment and machinery
- Attend to machine breakdowns and perform containment in a short time
- Assembling, evaluating, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Constructing and fabricating parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Reading and interpreting electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Advising management on continued use of unsuitable equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Supervising electricians.
- Ordering of electrical supplies and equipment.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: HND Electrical Engineering
- Minimum Relevant Work Experience: Experience in a factory environment, exposure in the Food and Beverage manufacturing industry is preferred
- Ability to diagnose faults
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship.
- At least 2 years’ experience as an electrical technician.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment.
- Basic instrumentation knowledge
- Professional and technical knowledge in electrical and automation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and excel at working within a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills and can deliver results through people
- Solid planning and organization skills
- TPM will be an added advantage