Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Experienced Professional
Valid Until: 3rd December 2021
Required Experience: Experienced Professional
We are seeking a highly-skilled mechanical technician to assist our engineering team. You will be updating service and repair records, maintaining our machinery, and running diagnostic tests on machinery and equipment to ensure optimal performance. Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future. Reporting to the Maintenance and Improvement Engineer you will provide technical assistance such that production lines run in optimal conditions with minimum down time.
To ensure success as a mechanical technician, you should exhibit solid knowledge of mechanical performance standards and experience in a similar field of specialization. A top-notch mechanical technician will be someone whose mechanical expertise translates into optimized machinery and equipment performance.
What you will do
- You will be responsible and accountable for the overall troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to maintain, optimize and improve production equipment, with key plant indicators such as safety, quality and repairs of production equipment
- You will read and interpret engineering drawings and execute planned maintenance
- Ensuring that lubrication is done exactly according to instructions.
- You will ensure a safe workplace through reviewing and preparing risk assessments, standard operating procedures and ensuring quality standards are always followed.
- You will be reporting and recording all maintenance activities
- Coach and train machine operators on various engineering topics
- Minimum Educational Qualification HND or Mechanical Engineering Part 3
- Minimum Relevant Work Experience 2 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Teamwork, good communication skills, proactivity and strong planning, organization skills and good problem-solving skills.
- Must have basic computer proficiency, Microsoft Word & Excel knowledge, SAP knowledge – work order Management