Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Experienced Professional
Valid Until: 3rd December 2021
Required Experience: Experienced Professional
The Engineering Manager will oversee and coordinate the daily operations of highly skilled engineering staff while ensuring that company objectives and goals are met., and trains new engineering Oversees the daily workflow of the department. Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Demonstrated strong operational experience in project management within the resources industry.
- D emonstrated strong operational experience in construction management within the resources industry
- Strong operational experience in capital management and cost control
- Strong operational experience in the application of Asset Management Principles in capital projects.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written/presentation form
- Resilience and the ability to adapt to change and deal with some degree of ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience in trackless machinery maintenance, shafts and winders
- Demonstrated experience in equipment life cycle modelling and costing
- People management experience
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and the important role of consistently demonstrating required behaviours and championing safety values
- Ability to apply a systematic, knowledge-based problem-solving approach and structured methodologies (such as root cause analysis and statistical analysis) to investigate risks and opportunities to create effective, value-add technical solutions.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide visible felt leadership in safety, Goldfields values and sustainable development.
- Manage different infrastructure project teams executing SIB projects
- Manage the refurbishment workshops and teams
- Undertake technical analysis, collects and assesses evidence, generates and evaluates options and shares recommendations.
- Setting-up of required controls to ensure delivery against defined project standards and objectives.
- Defining project needs statements and translate into appropriate requirements statements to support effective scope management in line with best practice principles.
- Execute and optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of project engineering systems and processes.
- Perform and execute research type feasibility and project engineering activities.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards and specifications for the execution of projects engineering.
- Develop and support project engineering discipline and standards.
- Provide people leadership within the function/section by managing workload, assigning tasks and reviewing/ recognizing outputs of team members.
- Develop capital budgetary requirements through continual review of integrity assessments on the infrastructure.
- Identify, define and respond appropriately to all risks that might affect successful delivery and function/section capability.
- Drives the delivery of technical solutions in projects and operations by demonstrating project management skills and active resource management, including effective control of budgets, deliverables, staff and contracts.
- Effectively apply project and resource management tools and techniques within own role. Adheres to standards and recommended practices.
Minimum Requirements / Qualification
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Government Certificate of Competency will be advantageous
- Professional Project Management qualification will be advantageous
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test , and such other tests as may be required to assess the applicant’s suitability for employment.